If you are looking for
“Ten Commandments for
Teachers on the Web”
Have you heard the new saying?
What happens in Vegas
stays on FaceBook forever.
To prevent good people from making bad posts, this list has been created. These Commandments have already helped thousands of people use the web responsibly. Please share this list with people using the web.
(Note: multiply the cautious attitude of this list by infinity if you are a minor.)
1. Thou shalt never publish anything you wouldn’t show your boss or mom.
2. Thou shalt avoid intoxicants in posts or pics
3. … the same generally goes for anything that legally requires 18 years.
4. Thou shalt only post pics with a minimum of boxers and a T-shirt on, regardless of sex.
5. Thou shalt not post pics of anyone without their permission, nor shall you use their real names unless they are over 18 and have expressly given consent.
6. Thou shalt not curse, dummy (even this sentence would be shocking to a 1st grader, and they are on the web too!).
7. Thou shalt avoid ANYTHING erotic or sexual.
8. Thou shalt never break any local, state or federal laws. If you are foolish enough to break laws, for HEAVEN’S SAKE! don’t document that fact online!
9. Thou shalt remember you are what you post. Therefore, look for every possible chance to include posts or pics of you being successful, confident, and/or your accomplished works.
10. Thou shalt never lie in a post. It’s a terrible precedent to set for the future generations.
What do you think? Did I leave something out? Do you disagree? Help me refine this list.
“What happens in Vegas stays on FaceBook forever.”
Copyright © 2010 David Mach